This newsletter covers step by step practical guide to import digital video in flash and publish it in graphically decorated window area along with Play & Pause facility. We have also included source flash file along with the dummy video. Do it yourself and you will be ready to incorporate video for your clients in real life.
Click here to download the source (.fla) file.
1. Create a new movie with dimensions of 328px. X 282px. and fps = 31 with white color as Background Color.
2. Save the flash file as 'video.fla'.
3. In Flash Select File > Import to import videobg.png.
4. Rename the Layer 1 as Player Skin.
5. Select the videobg on the stage and Select Insert > Convert to Symbol.
6. Convert it into a Movieclip with Top left as a registration point selected and name it as 'video-bg'.
Import the video file
7. Select Insert > Timeline > Layer.
8. Rename the Layer 2 as Video.
9. Select File > Import > Import to Stage.
10. Select the video.mpg from images folder and click on 'open' button.
|Supported Format |
|MPEG (.mpg, .mpeg) |
|QuickTime (.mov) |
|Digital Video (.div) |
|Video for windows (.avi) |
|Windows Media (.asf, .wmv) |
|Macromedia Flash Video (.flv) |
11. Clicking on open button Video Import wizard will be display.
12. You need to choose one of the following options provided by Video Import wizard.
Import the entire video
Select this option to import the video "as is" without any changes.
Edit the video first
Select this option if you want to
1. Cut out / Delete the unwanted parts of the Video.
2. Create multiple clips of Video.
3. Separate sound from the Video file.
13. If you want to edit the video follow the steps given below, After selecting Edit the video first Options click "Next" Button.
14. Modify the End Point as demonstrated / indicated with the red circle in the Image given below.
15. Click on "Create Clip" Button, and rename Clip to Video1, After renaming the clip click on "Next" Button.
16. Clicking on "Next" button will display Editing Encoding section, Select "DSL/Cable 256 kbps" from the Compression Profile drop down.
17. Select "Create profile" from the Advanced Setting drop down. Selection of "Create Profile" will display "Video Import advance setting wizard" for the best result enter the demonstrated figures suggested against each field. Refer to Image provided below.
18. Create Profile is used to,
1 Change the Color Setting (Color Panel section), Brightness & Contrast in the example we have set these parameters to 10%.
2 Change the Dimension (Dimension Panel section) & Crop the video. In the example we have cropped the video by 2 pixels from up & right.
3 Select the Track Option, more information about track option is given below for your reference.
Track Option Section provides 2 drop downs as give below.
a. Import drop down lists 3 choices
I - "Current Timeline" - Select this option to import video directly on the timeline.
II - "Movie Clip" - Select this option to convert the video into the Movie Clip.
III - "Graphic" - Select this option to convert the video into the Graphic.
For this tutorial select "Movie Clip"
b. Audio track drop down lists 3 choices
I - "Separate" - Select this option to separate the sound from the Video file.
II - "Integrated" - Select this option to keep video as is with the sound.
III - "None" - Select this option to remove sound from the Video.
For this tutorial select "Integrated".